Lithuanian-born, London based producer Arnheim graces us with an hour-long journey through the many shades of jazz, deep house grooves, classic conscious hip hop and more.
The jazz’s improvisatory nature and offbeat rhythms of Arnheim’s music point to his interest and involvement in sounds that emphasize the immediacy of expression with rugged, raw and emotionally bountiful themes.
By employing a sense of honesty, down to earth representation of reality and momentary being, he aims to create a dialogue between the music and the listener to further open realms of self-discovery.
Growing up in London, with its multicultural richness and array of record stores, Arnheim was drawn to vinyl collecting and the art of selecting the right sounds in the right moments.
From attention-pulling quietude recordings to deepest dance rhythms, here’s the hope of further self-discovery through music.
From Mos Def to Hubert Laws his majestic mix paints a vivid picture of his varied inspirations and eclectic musical taste. Dive in and enjoy.
1. Mos Def – UMI Says
2. Athletic Progression – OSAKA
3. Neon Phusion – The Future Ain’t The Same It Used 2 B
4. Theo Parrish, Osunlade, Rick Wilhite featuring Billy Love – Blame It On The Boogie
5. GE-OLOGY featuring Mark De Clive-Lowe – Moon Circuitry
6. Return To Forever – The Endless Night
7. Emanative & Liz Elensky featuring Ben Hadwen – Fall In To Me
8. Sun Ra And His Intergalactic Myth Science Solar Arkestra – Springtime Again
9. Hubert Laws – Land Of Passion