‘Abasi Isang’ is the first track from Camilla George‘s upcoming album ‘Ibio-Ibio’. The visionary saxophonist creates a heady brew of afrobeat, hip hop and jazz in her music.
You will hear shimmering brass and horns on her new track, as well as polythrymic drums, guitar, twinkling keys, and George’s soaring saxophone. The sound is euphoric and exudes a joyous vibe. There’s an infectious groove and energy in this song that pays homage to the ‘God of Earth’, Abasi Isang.
The album brings together a stellar cross-section of London’s burgeoning jazz scene, with Daniel Casimir (bass), Shirley Tetteh (guitar), Winston Clifford (drums), Sheila Maurice-Grey (trumpet), Rosie Turton (trombone), Renato Paris (vocals), and Sarah Tandy (keys).
‘Ibio-Ibio’ is due for release on September 30th via Ever Records/!K7 Music. You can also catch George live by clicking here for tour dates including the album launch at the Jazz Cafe on November 16th.
1. Creation – Abasi and Atai (ft Lady Sanity and Daru Jones)
2. Journey Across The Sea (ft Kadialy Kouyate, Sheila Maurice-Grey and Rosie Turton)
3. Ekpe (ft. Sheila Maurice-Grey and Rosie Turton)
4. The Juju Slave Route of Arochokwu (ft. Lady Sanity)
5. Ukpong (ft. Renato Paris and Sarah Tandy)
6. Abasi Enyong (ft Sarah Tandy)
7. Abasi Isang (ft. Sheila Maurice-Grey and Rosie Turton)
8. Creation – Nnyin Ido Ibibio (ft. Lady Sanity, Shirley Tetteh, Sarah Tandy and Daru Jones)