You can’t help but feel chills run down your spine when listening to this incredible collaboration by Daedelus and Joshua Idehen.
There is no introduction needed for Alfred Darlington, aka Daedelus, and if you’ve not already heard of him, you need to experience the dextrous wordplay from Idehen if you’re not already a fan.
The lead track from their forthcoming Holy Water Over Sons album, Standing In My Own Way (Part One), which features a heart-melting string arrangement by Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, is an emotionally powerful track that makes the hairs on your neck stand on end.
Daedelus and Idehen worked remotely to create a powerful yet vulnerable collection of poems about black life and protest – in the form of otherworldly, futuristic electronic music.
Our anticipation for the rest of the record is high!
2. Haunted feat. Katie Dove Dixon
3. If We Must Take It, Fair Enough
4. Standing In My Own Way (Part One) feat. Miguel Atwood-Ferguson
6. Target feat. Katie Dove Dixon
7. Pedal Down, No Brakes
8. Standing In My Own Way (Part Two) feat. Miguel Atwood-Ferguson and Katie Dove Dixon
Holy Water Over Sons is out on November 26th via Albert’s Favourites – pre-order here.