East London based label Byrd Out are releasing a compilation album called, ‘Pluralistic Reflex’ this May.
The 12-track collection “sets out to provide an aural antidote to the unilateral thinking dominating much of Western politics”, according to a press release.
A genuinely worldwide affair the album travels across the globe with tracks from artist such as Break Mode (US), Veslemes (Greece), D’Vo (UK), Nightwarrior (Poland), KMRU (Kenya)with Lithuania, Russia, Uganda and Somalia also represented.
As part of a growing number of local action groups with a global perspective, the label is giving a quarter of its revenues from the release to Waltham Forest Migrant Action. You can read more about WFMA here.
Today, we are excited to premiere the closing track ‘Outlaw Trails’ by Nairobi-based producer, KMRU. Over the eight minutes of its duration, you can’t help but be drawn into an array of field recordings that slowly unfold, merging beautifully with the electronic waves.
For those that love warm, ambient, atmospheric vibes, this cut is essential!
The album follows Byrd Out’s release of Dutch producer Philou Louzolo’s Sharingan EP and late great Andrew Weatherall’s 12” Unknown Plunderer / End Times Sound.
Stay tuned for the ‘Pluralistic Reflex’ comp set to drop May 8th. Pre-order here.
1. Break Mode – That Way (US)
2. Veslemes – Attica Leisure Funk (Greece)
3. D’Vo – Mbalax (UK)
4. Monrhea – Synth_esized (Kenya)
5. Nightwarrior – Magic Of Uncertainty (Poland)
6. Bit Cloudy – Felt Tip Phaser (UK)
7. Spooky-J – Bugandachug (Uganda/UK)
8. Ponty-Mython – Trust Me On That (Lithuania/Russia)
9. Sarmacja – Duch (Bit Cloudy Remix) (Poland)
10. Wav Fuzz – You Too (US)
11. Hibotep – Maraakame (Uganda/Somalia)
12. KMRU – Outlaw Trails (Kenya)